How to begin your child's journey...
Our Own High School is only for BOYS from Grade 1 to Grade 12. The school has an open admission policy for students who choose to join. Our Own High School has an open door policy for student admission. We welcome all children to OOW, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion or medical diagnosis. The school adhere to GEMS policy of giving first preference to sibling of students already in school.
The age criteria – For Grade 1 is – the child should be 6 years of age as on 31st July –year of admission.
The New Academic Year commences on April 1st.
- The online Registration is open in the month of October of each year in the school website.
- Admissions to Grade 2 and above will purely depend on future vacancies which will be known by February middle
- For the Grade 1 admissions once the student is shortlisted they will be called for an admission and interaction session with the Supervisor and the Counsellor, only after this process is complete the admission will be confirmed.
- For admissions from Grade 2 and above – an entrance test will be conducted if necessary.
- All admissions will be subject to the KHDA approval
During the time of the admission each parent – sponsor of the student Father/Mother will have to electronically sign a `Parent Contract’ as per the KHDA guidelines.
During the time of the admission every student and parent must have a valid EMIRATES ID. For students coming from schools outside DUBAI at the time of the admission the original emirates ID of the student and the parent (sponsor of the student) will be scanned in an Emirates ID card reader given to the school by the KHDA.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Admission form duly filled (available in the school book store)
- 2 copies of the child’s passport with valid UAE residence visa and Emirates ID copies
- 2 copies of the parent’s passport with valid UAE residence visa and Emirates ID copies
- 2 copies of the latest marks sheet from the previous school
- 4 passport size photos of the child
- For students coming from outside Dubai – i.e. other Emirates - The original TC has to be attested from the Ministry of Education of that Emirate
- For students coming from INDIA – the original TC should be attested by
- The District Educational Officer of that State or The CBSE Board or The ICSE Board
- Indian Consulate in Dubai
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai
- For students coming from Gulf Countries other than UAE
- Attested by the Indian Consulate of that country
- Attested by the Ministry of Education of that country
- Should be stamped by the Ministry of External Affairs of that country
- Should be stamped by the UAE Consulate/Embassy in that country