Our Own High School is only for BOYS from Grade 1 to Grade 12. The school has an open admission policy for students who choose to join. Our Own High School has an open door policy for student admission. We welcome all children to OOW, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion or medical diagnosis. The school adhere to GEMS policy of giving first preference to sibling of students already in school.
The age criteria – For Grade 1 is – the child should be 6 years of age as on 31st July –year of admission.
The New Academic Year commences on April 1st.
- The online Registration is open in the month of October of each year in the school website.
- Admissions to Grade 2 and above will purely depend on future vacancies which will be known by February middle
- For the Grade 1 admissions once the student is shortlisted they will be called for an admission and interaction session with the Supervisor and the Counsellor, only after this process is complete the admission will be confirmed.
- For admissions from Grade 2 and above – an entrance test will be conducted if necessary.
- All admissions will be subject to the KHDA approval
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
- 2 copies of the student’s passport with valid visa for the U.A.E.
- 3 copies of the student’s Emirates ID
- 2 copies of the Parent’s Emirates ID
- 4 recent photographs of the child. In addition one stamp size photo for the identity card.
- 2 copies of the mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school.
- Transfer Certificate: Please follow the guidelines given below:
a. Students moving from a school in Dubai
The original School Leaving Certificate has to be collected from the previous school. The parent has to come personally to school along with the original School Leaving Certificate, original Emirates ID of the student and the parent.
b. Students moving from another Emirate in UAE
The original Transfer Certificate should be duly attested by the Ministry of Education in that emirate. The parent has to bring the original TC along with the copy of the promotion report and the original Emirates ID of the student and the parent.
c. Students moving from India
The Transfer Certificate has to be attested by the District Education Officer of your State/ICSE/CBSE board. The same TC has to be attested in Dubai from the Indian Consulate in Dubai and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai / Sharjah, U.A.E.
d. Students moving from Gulf countries other than the U.A.E.
The original Transfer Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Education of that country, Indian Consulate of that country, Ministry of External Affairs of that country, & UAE Consulate/Embassy located in that country.
Parent School Contract
- After submitting the original TC and registering with the Emirates ID in the KHDA school system, you will have to sign the Parent School Contract online through your mobile app or can be signed electronically in school.
- The signing of the Parent School Contract is only one time when the child joins the school.
- The contract will be renewed every year until he continues in the same school. If he is changing the school, a new contract will have to be signed.
- Enquiry to school will be done through each schools’ own website.
- For a guide on how to fill out the form please click here. You will be provided with simple instructions as to how to fill the form very easy.
- Once you fill out the form you will receive a service request number.
- Please print a copy of this Receipt and keep it for your records. If you cannot print this page, please ensure you write down the service request Number.
- Without the service request Number, we cannot verify your service request.
- Once you have received your service request number, please contact the school Registrar with the following documents to proceed with the completion of the request and ensure admission for your child.